1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quick question, involves VISTA and EXE's

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Codiah, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Codiah

Codiah Thread Starter

Quick question, to be honest its not incredibly important or anything, but if it is possible it would make things allot easier and efficient for myself, any-who... When you right click on some files you can go into the Advanced tab and check a box that allows you to run the program as an administrator always, however for .exe files this box is grayed out and un-usable, i was curious if there was something, maybe a registry fix that will allow me to use this option on .exe files?

And if your curious as to why I ask, i've been developing a BBS server that will run at startup, however i get both the UAC and elevated prevelages pop-up every time i start my computer and i'm attempting to get around that.. but like i said, if this isn't possible its no big deal, i'll just have to do some extra clicking..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753758

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice