Quick question on RAM

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zippyking

I have a Sony Vaio Digital Studio PCV-RX650 , I recently decided to buy more ram for it after getting a new video card, and I will probably get a new processor as well, but later..
I believe the motherboard (which is stock) is an Asus P4B266-C

I went and looked at the max ram that you can put in it and I got 2 different numbers, On a manual for the computer It said the maximum was 1g (2x512) but on the manual for the motherboard it says 2g (2x1g)

I was just wondering what the actual amount is, and if I did put 2 1gb sticks in there what would happen to my computer if it was more than allowed

I'm wondering if because it's factory built with standard bios for the motherboard if their not telling you the way it's programmed at the moment allows for 1GB. A lot of times you need to go to the manufactures sites and read to determine if a Bios Flash is necessary to upgrade to larger memory limits. Your computer specs are telling you their set up is limited to the 1 GB to keep working properly. The motherboard manufacture is telling you with the proper upgrades to the system 2 GBs is possible. Jazz

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online