quick question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cris_Cr0ss

i was following some tweaks on this site i googled to speed up my computer was ruNNING really slow and well now i have this little problem it seems my system tray icons have disappeard and now they never show.

a few things i did, turn of system index, defrag, check for ad-aware,check for virus, turn of system restore, turn of remote assistence, did some playing around with page-file settings and turned off some options in control panel>>system>>advanced>>performance>>custom i used custom settings.

please help i cant see msn etc.

Attachments

Cris_Cr0ss

okay i ran it and for some reason the scan took about 1 second is that correct? Never did that before. Anyways it didn't fix anything.

Do you have TweakUI installed? I don't see it in my version but apparently others have had this prob. Open TweakUI in Taskbar & Start menu - if show taskbar notification icons is unchecked, check it.

Cris_Cr0ss

wow ANGEL you GENIOUSE typo but i dont care thanks you were rite that was the thing that i had fixed. Thanks so much.

u can now lock/solve this thread w/e

By the way,Click start/run

Type: SFC /scannow

Note the space between SFC and /

try it now but keep your xp cd handy in case you're asked to chuck it into your cd rom

Cris_Cr0ss

thanks rude but im not dumb lol i alread did that and the scan seemed to take seconds i was just wondering if thats rite.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online