Quick Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CEH81

Okay.. wasn't sure where to put this question.

I'm going to be getting a second chord for my DSL, I have two computers and would like both of them to be net worthy.

My old computer has an ethernet card and all that..

My question is, should I just be able to plug in the chord, and go through the normal set up I did for the computer that is already on DSL? Or is there some networking thing I have to do as well? I would want to be able to use both of them at once on occasion, as this is a multi person household, and people get annoyed when another person asks to either a- check email b- look up things for games.. etc etc.

first thing, you will be needing a router to setup your very own home network. A router is advisable as this will give your computers the same internet speed. so basically internet goes into the router. both computer connect to the router. same speed on both pc's unlike a hub where the speed gets divided.

CEH81

I believe that this is a router.. it's a ZyXel Prestige 660w/HW series.. I know next to nothing when it comes to these things, should have seen me when I got it out of the box after picking it up at the Telephone Company..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online