Quick Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Enraged Dingo

Yah I am back - I am sorta the "Hey he knows a lil about comps, lets take it to him once we jack **** up" guy in my little town here.

So, a friend of mine who is infected with Doly called me up, I talked em through deleting all of the files, restoring msconfig.exe and regedit.exe.

One thing is throwing me though - maybe I did something wrong, I dont know , but registry editing is still disabled, so I cant fix that part. I looked it up on the net and followed a different set of instructions to fix this, still no good. All of the files it creates are gone, I cleaned out the autoexec.bat file all that is left is the registry, as I understood it - once the files were deleted, and autoexec.bat restored - all I had to do was extract msconfig and regedit.exe once again and it was resolved - cleary, I was mistaken.
Cant find any help sites that cover that part - they just say "take out these keys yhatta yhatta" well I'd do that if I could open registry , I know what key disables it, what I dont know is how to delete it from the registry, w/o starting the registry.

Enraged Dingo

Yah I was gonna restore reg from a backup but only as a last resort, ill check the util out and see what happens

and yah it is pretty mean, ive been beating it with a stick for a while now gotten this far, almost done heh

ahah - its the same idea i was working on, just right a .reg file and runnin it to change DisableRegistryTools from 1 to 0
wasnt sure it would work but thats the same thing they have up to unlock , thx =)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online