Quick RAM Question, Need Help Fast Please =\

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zb2k

I don't remember what program uses .pdf's and my computer does not have it anyway.

Zb2k said:
I don't remember what program uses .pdf's and my computer does not have it anyway.
the first is a different color than the second slot but the same as the third spot right? ;)

To enable your dual channel mode populate slots 1 and 3. If you ever put more ram in start with slot 2 first then slot 4 ;)

If the bios that comes with the board supports your chip, start next to the CPU. If not, you will need to use the B-1 slot which is the third from the CPU and use EZ flash. It is all explained in the manual which you will get with the board.

If you are using one of the new San Diego chips you may need to flash it. I use the same board but mine is just the A8V deluxe. The big diff is mine is AGP.

Pretty decent board.

4steve44 said:
To enable your dual channel mode populate slots 1 and 3. If you ever put more ram in start with slot 2 first then slot 4 ;)
Yeah, what he said also, if the board supports the chip. If not, what I said or it may not POST.

Zb2k

It doesn't explain what you are saying in the manual as far as I can tell, and it also says for channel A populate DIMM_A1 and DIMM_A1. That is exactly what it says, it lists DIMM_A1 twice. But for channel B it says DIMM_B1 and DIMM_B2. So for channel A do I populate DIMM_A1 and A2?

It depends on how many sticks of ram you are using. For a 2 stick setup, use A1 and B1. A1 is the first slot from the processor and B1 is the third from the processor. For more than 2 sticks start from the processor and work away from it.

A1 and B1 will give you dual channel. A1 and A2 filled would give you single channel. Dual is what you want.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online