1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quick Time

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by rodi, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rodi

rodi Thread Starter

How did I get Quick Time Picture Viewer or Quick Time for Windows? It has taken over my e mail and it won't let me print any att on my mail that I would like to print out. Do I need it? How can I fix things so I can print what I want to? Can't even highlight the parts I want and print it that way. simple instructions please.

rodi

2. pvc9

pvc9

If you don't use Quick Time , uninstall it from Start->Settings->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs.

What OS are you using? If the problem started recently you can try restoring the registry. But first try the uninstallation.

3. rodi

rodi Thread Starter

Guess I should not even be on a computer, not more that I know about it. What is OS? and what would I use Quick Time for?
    I download music, does it have anything to do with that? Sorry to be so dumb about it, but I only know how to do some things, and then when something goes wrong, I am lost.

thanks
    rodi

4. pvc9

pvc9

Np its ok :)

OS - Operating System, which can be Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP or any.

As far as Quick Time is concerned, its mainly used to play the files with the .mov extension, its a media player. Check this link if you want to know more about Quick Time -

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

Did you try what I posted earlier? Uninstall Quick Time from Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs, did you try that?

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Rodi:

If you want to get rid of Quicktime, do the following:

1. Click Start - Settings - Control Panel, then double-click Add/Remove Programs. Click on and highlight Quicktime, then click Remove. This will uninstall the program.

2. Click Start - Programs - Windows Explorer - Program Files. Right-click on the Quicktime folder, then click Delete - Yes. This will remove its folder.

3. Click Start - Find - Files And Folders, select the hard drive to look in, type in QUICKTIME, then click Find Now. When the list of files appears, hold down the Ctrl key, click on and highlight all the files that pertain to Quicktime, release the Ctrl key, then click File - Delete - Yes. This will delete any leftover stray files.

4. Click Start - Run, type in REGEDIT, then click OK. Click the + in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER - Software

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Software

If Quicktime is listed in either Software sub-menu, right-click on it, then click Delete - Yes. This will get rid of the registry entries.

5. Reboot(shutdown and restart) your computer.

If you follow my steps carefully and exactly, you should be able to do this.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips:)

6. rodi

rodi Thread Starter

first of all I have win98
    I did everything that you told me to do, I didn't see Quick Time anywhere, not by that name, could it be that it was in the email that was sent to me, and not on my computer? I just know that when I tried to print the Att. it said:Could not draw this picture. It may not be recognized by Quick time for Windows"
    I finally got the att to My Doctuments, but still the same message came up when I tried to print. Did Win Zip have anything to do with it? It was a ziped file.
    I can print other things ok.

rodi

7. rodi

rodi Thread Starter

don't know if the is important or not, the att that i want to print is a picture and words. forgot to tell you all what it is

rodi

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114888

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice