1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

QuickBasic 4.5 Alphabetizing Prog. Won't

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Gary R, Oct 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gary R

Gary R Thread Starter

Been looking for a alphabetizing prog where i could type in numbers or names (or combo of both) & it would put them in order.
    I FINALLY found a program that I had printed out from the days when I was using, I believe, Windows 3.1, and it works to a point: It will print the items on screen (20 Lines) but it will not stop at end of a screen & ask if you want to got to the next screen, or send the items to the Printer (Epson 880; USB).

Here is the section where I think most of the trouble is but not 100% sure. If someone knows a source for a better prog. let me know, this one's at least 7 years old. :)
    Looked around 'Google' & 'Yahoo!' already without success.

Attached Files:

2. Gary R

Gary R Thread Starter

ANY ideas at all on what problem may be with program, why I cant get it to print to the printer, or stop it after each screen?

I thought what I posted was the problem area, but perhaps not? Don't think the program would exceed the attachment limit, I could put the entire prog. on here as a text file perhaps?

3. Gary R

Gary R Thread Starter

Can anyone on here help at all :confused:

I went back to Google & Yahoo! and looked again under "Alphabetizing", and under "Sorting Programs" and so far have found nothing......

There should be a sorting (or alphabetizing) program out there for QuickBasic 4.50 somewhere. but where?

4. Gary R

Gary R Thread Starter

Still Having problems getting a rather basic alphabetizing program to print to the Printer.

Here's why it wont print--I Think--as outlined in first post.

The program uses LPRINT to a PARALLEL output ..... BUT I am using, according to Settings > Printers, EPUSB1 since I am using USB.

SO, how do I convert the program output to print thru USB rather than Parallel? Printer is a Epson 880.

5. Gary R

Gary R Thread Starter

Help, please?

6. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

It sounds like you need a more modern program, I think. One which can communicate with a USB printer.
    This is development. You should ask a Moderator to move this post to Software. Maybe someone there can help you find a utility to do it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173489

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice