1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quickbooks 2004 problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by vahlkja, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vahlkja

vahlkja Thread Starter

I am running Quickbooks 2004 in Microsoft XP. Today, when opening my Quickbooks company program, I have noticed that all of my reminders headings (under the company navigator) have gone blank, and when expanding the categories, the text is garbled. For instance: If you have money to deposit, you would normally get something to the effect of :

8/30/2004 Brink, Ralph 20.50

I am now getting:

0/30/200 Brink, Ralph 20.5

My backup gives me the same info. All of my data appears to be there, but some text is now garbled. The only thing I can think of that I have done recently is install the New Windows Service Pack.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

See if there is an update for your version as SP2 did effect QB.

3. vahlkja

vahlkja Thread Starter

Nope, no updates were available for Quickbooks. Everything is up to date. I though along those lines as well.

4. medic17506

medic17506

First Name:
    Brandon
    I am a QuickBooks ProAdvisor ... this question is pretty general in nature, but I am looking into it. My question is how much experience do you have with Quickbooks? Have you ever done a verify data or rebuild function in QuickBooks? I'm not saying that's what should be done...but, it's a possibility at this point. My next question is where are you located?

5. medic17506

medic17506

First Name:
    Brandon
    Also I would check a sample file that comes with QuickBooks and see if that also happening to the sample file. If so, then it is QuickBooks as a whole and not just your data file. If it is your data file then a veify data and rebuild may be in order...if it does happen with the sample file too...then, maybe backup your data file. Uninstall QB then reinstall and see if that will fix it.

Just by chance I called my QB ProAdvisors line to check on known issues...there are some, but not that fit this type of issue - so unless it's a whole new issue (which is a possibility.)

Anyway, I'm curious so please let me know.

Brandon

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271647

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice