1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quickbooks 5.0 question..help please...

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by hmr516, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmr516

hmr516 Thread Starter

I entered an invoice to one of my customers. The balance appears when I look at the customer balance summary. However, when a payment comes in, that one customer's name does not show up. The only way i was able to credit the account and remove the balance was to open the original invoice and enter the payment as a credit, in effect, zeroing the original invoice. There are many many other customers, but this has only happened with this one. Can anyone think of a reason it should happen.

I would also like to know if there is a way to PERMANENTLY delete a customer. We have a few who passed away, and we cannot seem to get their names off of the system, even though their current balance is zero. thanks for any help.

2. purplemnms

purplemnms

Quickbooks will not let you delete a customer if they have any kind of history.
    You would have to delete thier invoice and payment, which would mess up your bank accounts. I do not recomend doing this.

As far as your invoice problem. The name may spelled wrong or if that customer had a credit of any kind the balance would say 0. I would check your open invoices to make the invoice is entered properly. You must correct the credit you entered first, so the balance would show on the invoice.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220381

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice