1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quickbooks Accountants's Copy

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by robbieart, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robbieart

robbieart Thread Starter

This is my problem and I HOPE that someone out there can direct me in the right direction.

I am helping a friend with a problem. His entire business was loaded into Quickbooks.... We had a flood down here and all his files and documents were lost. He didn't have a back-up copy of his company file but luckily enough he did have a recent 'Accountant's copy'. Is there a way to restore his company file from the Accountant's copy?

Thank you in advance.

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

Try searching in this forum : http://quickbooksusers.com/.forums/index.php3?

Someone can help you there but I think it will cost you based on what I searched for. Not that everything on the site will cost you, it's just one of those things that don't come for free...Accountant's are like Lawyers :D

Also QB/Intuit site will have a list of QB advisers in your area who should be able to help you, but again they will charge a fee, so it all depends on how much it is worth to you.

3. medic17506

medic17506

First Name:
    Brandon
    I can tell you that through intuit their price to recover data from the Accountant's Copy to a working file it is (drum roll please): $250 for 8 day turnaround or $750 for 2 day turnaround.

I have contacts with QB developers and integrators that may be able to acheive the same thing possibly within less time...that iffy...but, I hope that helps a little bit.

Brandon

4. medic17506

medic17506

First Name:
    Brandon
    Just curious...I have a company that I have started working with that has done a couple of these types of conversions...

Just to verify, this is a .qbx file, correct? I also need to know if this is password protected or not (...hoping you say it is not password protected). A file size would also help.

If you would like to e-mail the file to me I will get it to them to look at and they'll give you a very close guesstimate on what price your looking at, at which time you'll give the yes or no to go ahead with the conversion.

If you need to contact me you may e-mail [email protected] or call...right now I'm at 479-641-1968. My office number is 479-641-1055. My cell number is 479-880-6762. My home number is 479-641-7738...I don't mind getting phone calls at any of those numbers...

Just fyi...I do QuickBooks for a living, I'll help anyone where I can...I am not a developer or programmer which is what this company does. I hope what I've posted here can help...I'm not trying to make a quick buck off you...I just have connections in this line of work.

Take care...
    Brandon Morris

5. robbieart

robbieart Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply... The file is around 17MB in size. I appreciate the offer to help but I think I will just stick with Intuit as they would be the best way to go. I was kind of hoping there was something that I could do myself to convert the file.

Thanks again for the help.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271829

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice