1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quickbooks hosting

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by helenajoy, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. helenajoy

helenajoy Thread Starter

hi, I am trying to expand my business and thinking of availing online quickbooks hosting so that there is no expenditure on setting up the architecture and thus save some cost. So Is it a good idea to go for online hosting and will my data be secure online. I have these doubts that must be cleared before availing any kind of service.

2. jonabyte_ii

jonabyte_ii

The biggest problem with online anything is that it relies on your internet being up and the company that is hosting to be up.
    I am very wary about hosting business information, whether its accounting data or business documents. I would prefer to have a small inexpensive server onsite to host the files, if needed.

3. calvin-c

calvin-c Banned

Other than downtime (already mentioned) the other drawback to storing data online is security. Not just the liability for information leaks but also for information loss. From personal experience some hosts save so few backups that by the time you get a problem corrected the last backup with valid data has been erased. The obvious answer to that is to maintain your own backups but that might be easier said than done-depends so much on the software you're using (and I'm not at all familiar with QuickBooks online).

As for the liability issue, the host will probably have better security than you would but any security can be broken-and your customers will still sue you for any damage that causes. (You can maybe sue the host in turn, but that might be limited by the hosting contract. I'd make sure I had a massive insurance policy before doing anything like this myself. Or have a lawyer draw up a contract limiting my own liability which I'd require all my customers to sign. Assuming they would do so-even though I understand the reason, if my accountant asked me to sign such a contract I'd find another accountant.)

4. stewarthans

stewarthans

Yes security is of major concern in case of availing any service or hosting applications such as quickbooks online. The best security technique available is encryption most of the hosting service providers use 128 bit encryption to secure the transmission of your data across various networks more on security can be seen here http://www.novelaspect.com/blog/5-ways-to-ensure-quickbooks-hosting-is-secure . So companies care your privacy and security issues by providing the best security available today.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975584

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice