1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

QuickBooks Network Over the Net

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by TC808, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TC808

TC808 Thread Starter

Apr 19, 2012
    Need to Access QuickBooks Data Files simultaneously (MultiUser Mode) from multiple Locations; (eg Outside of the LAN, from Outside of the Office.).

Briefly: Have a very common small business QB 3 user lic setup. (Drobo FS as file server - Win7 Pro PCs). One user is moving out of state, but staying with the company. So need simultaneous remote access to the file from a remote Win7 desktop; Not on the LAN & is located out of state.

Tried QB Online Ver. & it is no where near the program the desktop app QB Pro 2012 is & is Not a real solution.

Plus would like to keep the local LAN in tact & all files on site.

Have also tried remote access programs, which are in fact great for short term tasks. However, ridiculous when asked to perform as a user's all day desktop; not a desktop replacement by any stretch.

Simply need remote location PC to see the file just as if it were local, in the office; same performance & functionality.

(This is a very common small business need, & I can't believe Intuit hasn't made more aggressive moves to integrate & secure this function.)

So, VPN? The Intuit forums seem to reveal that a VNP is not really a solid option, as QB doesn't like to play well...? So hit & miss solution at best? I need a solid reliable, 24/7 working business solution.

I know someone has this figured out, ...but how do I find that guy?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1050036