1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

QuickBooks Pro 2002

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ksukat, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksukat

ksukat Thread Starter

Have a 2 machine network. Machine 1 is running Windows 98 SE,
    and has the Quickbooks pro installed on it. It also has the
    quickbooks pro data file on it.

The folder where the data file exists is shared. C$ is used as
    the share.

Machine 2 on the network is Windows 2000 Professional. It maps
    the share from Machine 1. Quickbooks Pro is installed on this machine.

Recently, when trying to access the company file from machine 2, quickbooks pro says "Company file in use by another user". Even if no-one has quickboos pro running on Machine 1. No matter what I do, it continues to do this.

I know that the company file had been corrupted and rebuilt.

Any ideas on how to fix this ? The only thing I can think of is to remove Quickbooks pro from both machines and re-install.

thanks in advance.

2. NewtonW

NewtonW

I would try to rebuild the file again or do a backup, then restore or rebuild that file before doing a re-install. You might also try putting it in MultiUser mode before saving, I'm sure you've done this, but just in case.. Also, are you up to date on QB services patches?

-Newton

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218058

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice