1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quickbooks pro 2008 disconnects

Discussion in 'Networking' started by PK-her0, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PK-her0

PK-her0 Thread Starter

Hello guys,

i have an SBS2003 server thats running quickbooks pro 2008

and i have 3 workstations connecting to it
    all was working fine

then about a week ago we started to get disconnection errors on all the workstations.

i got a small 5 port ethernet switch and connected all workstations and the server into that, but its the same thing.

i ran a ping from the server to a workstation with the -t switch and never saw once a drop in connection.

the broadband connection is having an issue where it disconnects every few minutes to 1 hour...but i dont think this is related as when i turn off the modem i still have the problem.

what im going to try:

im going to run a chkdsk on the server
    reinstall the network card drivers on the server and setup tcp/ip settings again.
    run a malware scan on the server

then tomorrow i will see if i can run a repair on the company file of quickbooks
    after a backup

apart from that what else can i try, any info at this point would be like gold

im not asking for anybody to solve the problem, its more of a "where should i be looking" type of thing.

thanks
    pk

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031410

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice