Quickbooks Pro 2019 freezes opening company file gray screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kerri8274

I recently installed Quickbook Pro Desktop 2019. I had no problem installing it and setting it up. I used it just fine for a few weeks. But then it started opening and asking me for my password and then freezing and not opening the company file at all or taking 30+ minutes to do it. It also creates gigabytes of temp files when it goes through this process in %temp%. The attached image is the screen it freezes on after I enter the password and choose a company file to open.

I have:

1) run the QB Refresher tool

2) uninstalled and reinstalled quickbooks (before I reinstalled it was creating so many temp files it was completely filling my hard drive, after reinstall still creating tons of temp files but not filling drive - I have 50+ gb of hard drive space free)

3) held down CTRL while launching quickbooks and choosing a different company file ( I have several) and the program always opens but always freezes when I try to launch a company file.

4) Even took it to Best Buy's Geek Squad to make sure no viruses

____

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 7851 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 223 GB (56 GB Free); F: 931 GB (150 GB Free);
Motherboard: Intel Corporation, DH87RL
Antivirus: Webroot SecureAnywhere, Enabled and Updated

Attachments

So you never had to key in your password - it just automatically used to log in ? And suddenly you were required to enter your password ?

Kerri8274

Sorry if that was confusing. I have ALWAYS had to put in my password UNLESS I just recently opened and closed and then reopened Quickbooks within a few minutes -- then it doesn't ask for the password but still freezes on the same screen. Also I don't see any problems with my PC's performance or other programs not working other than when I try to open Quickbooks.

Go to the each drive letter, right click Properties > Tools tab. Press 'Check' button.

Kerri8274

I just scanned both my internal C and external drive and it completed successfully with no errors found

Sometimes, third party antivirus programs cause problems with Windows 10, because MS releases new versions every half year and the vendors have a hard time playing catch up. Uninstall Webroot and see.

Kerri8274

I uninstalled Webroot and restarted my PC. Then I tried to open quickbooks and get the same gray screen.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online