1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

QuickBooks Pro

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ddelana, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ddelana

ddelana Thread Starter

I am trying to use QuickBooks Pro to do the books for several different companies. How do I keep them separated? I tried entering different accounts but when I back up the data I get all the companies on the backup. I need to be able to bring the back up to the client and install my postings on his computer.
    I'm also using Quicken and Quicken Deluxe for Home and Business and having the same problem. I would appreciate some help.
    Delana

2. Walrus2!!

Walrus2!!

You should be able to make separate "Company's" for each of the accounts that you have. This allows you an unlimited number of separate files that can all be backed-up and opened independently. What version of QB-Pro do you?:)

3. Walrus2!!

Walrus2!!

QB refers to them as company files.

4. ddelana

ddelana Thread Starter

Thanks. I have to try that again, but the back up seems to pick up all the data, including other companys. I've tried to copy, export to A:, and nothing worked.

I'll let you know how this turns out.

ddelana

5. Walrus2!!

Walrus2!!

OK. I'd have been more specific on how but no longer have a copy on my home system. Also not sure what may have changed between pro 99 and 2002 versions.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice