Quickbooks & Reps

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

two1361

If i was to set up reps in Quickbooks, which from what i can tell it is just by creating an employee.... will i be able to go back at the end of each much and see what income was brought in by each Rep? of course i would set up rep codes so i enter that in the order. i just wanted to know about month and/or year end information. or if that is too much to ask from Quickbooks

Which version of QB are you running?

I do what you are doing - tracking income to sales people - using classes, setting up a class per sales person. Maybe they call them reps in the newer versions?

two1361

using quickbook premier 2004... so your saying... set up a sale person as an employee and set up classes?

also... i know when entering Sales Orders, you can customize the form to include a field for Rep, and so if i was to set up Reps w/ associated #'s, i wanna know if i can track that. would i still need classes set up?

I'm trying to remember, we did this a long time ago. I'm pretty sure the tracking had to come from class, it was easier to run a report on the class.

We don't do payroll or anything else so we don't use any other employee functions. We simply set up a class for each person we wanted to track sales/invoices etc for. It also allows us to send one invoice to the same client with multiple people working hours on a project. You can have the first line be 5 hours for Joe and the next line be 7 hours for Pete for example.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online