Quickbooks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NancyJ

I have a new pc and I have installed the quickbooks program. The program works well except for the update. It will not let me update quickbooks. It tells me that the http proxy address is not resolved by the DNS. I have tried everything that I know to get it to update with no luck. The payroll will go through the steps of updating, but will not calculate the payroll taxes when I try tko write a payroll check. I have contacted the quickbook people and they tell me it is an internet problem, but my internet works fine on everything else. Could it be that my quickbook program will not work with my new WindowsXP???

Any help that you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.

Hi Nancy
I work at a hospital in Brooklyn and the Quickbooks application has become a vital function in our finance department. I've been installing the application for a little over a year and have come across a few problems. I may be able to help at a junior technical level, but I'm no expert in the usage of the application.

Three questions:
1. Could there be a licensing issue? For instance, a five user license may not allow a sixth user to update the software. Of course, that all depends if the application was set up to share files among other users on a network.

2. If you were able to update the application on an older operating system (Win95 or Win98), it may well be the new operating system (WinXP) or you may have to re-install Quickbooks on the new OS. Also ensure that the version of Quickbooks you're using is supported by WinXP.

3. What internet browser and what version are you using to update? I can recall that an older version of the internet browser will sometimes prevent certain functions such as updating and connecting to certain sites.

Note: I know that you've spoken to Quickbooks reps about this problem. Be aware that these reps do not know all the answers. I have spoken to a few of them (INTUIT) and I couldn't get straight answers from them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.