1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quickcam not working properly in Skype

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by liketolearn, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. liketolearn

liketolearn Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have used this same logitech quickcam for about 1 year with skype and no problems. Now it is either the sound without picture or vise versa(for the person I am talking to) I have done all the reinstalls, without antivirus on, updates for cam and skype etc but not fixed.
    The only change since the cam worked has been that my subscription ended with norton internet security, so I purchased norton 360 (was on sale). Also, had some java issues and set my internet explorer back to 6 from 7.
    I kind of think it has something to do with newest norton 360 but cannot find any info that is current. Also, would updating my explorer back to 7 make any difference?
    Any suggestions are appreciated!!!(y)

2. Freemorrison

Freemorrison

:pThe Logitech software can be flaky- my problem was the opposite - worked for Skype - but got no green light trying a "Quick Capture", I bet that new Logitech Universal Remote Controller they got out is real buggaboo also. (probably find it in my stocking Christmas Morning) LOL
    Here's what I did-
    Set a system restore point- unplug Quickcam
    Uninstalled the software, (the skype also) - Reboot
    Went to hidden folders in "application data" - delete any folders remaining (logitech - skype)
    Do disk clean up-reboot
    Plug the Cam back in and reinstall everything ( which is the time consuming part)
    Don't put your Logitech Disk in as they update the software like every day it seems- just shoot to the site and enter the model no- or click a picture of your Cam)

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/support_downloads/downloads/

Good Luck - hope this helps. And glad to hear the Java is still working!

(more than likely a windows folder that uses logitech got a path switched around with the 7 to 6 thing, and you may have to go into the windows folders and delete those logitech items also)

3. liketolearn

Great thanks I will give it a try and let you know.

4. liketolearn

Finally I have been able to get back to doing all this...So seems that everything works at my end, but the video freezes of me at the other end. I did notice that skype requires dual core processor. I do not have that but I am sure my contacts do as their laptops are new and my computer is old.
    I didn't download the newest skype either. I remember that was when my problems started with both video and audio problems. I went with the one before the newest.
    Now, come to think of it, that is also when I was told I was freezing up. There were so many updated versions so close in dates I just picked one. I have read that everyone should be on the same current one to work properly. Oh well, by stopping and starting the video, unfreezes it for awhile.
    Thanks for your help....... again!!!!.........
    Oh ya, that error 500 java.lang is still there when I try to enter my secured site after all that i did with the jave etc.....ughhhhh......
    Thanks again freemorrison for your help.

5. Freemorrison

Freemorrison

:)Ya they do freeze sometimes in Skype- (could be your northern weather - Ha)
    Ahhh bleeping Java!

Here's what I would do (as it nice to be able to visit your secure site on your own pc) LOL
    I would go and get Chrome - http://www.google.com/chrome
    And then I would go and get "Java For Chrome" - http://www.java.com/en/download/chrome.jsp

Then I would use Chrome to access the secure site.
    You can keep Chrome just for this if you like- it only uses system resources when it's running, and suppose you have a homepage built on MSN or Google, etc.- with all your favorite pictures- weather gadget (it's freezing there huh?) and stuff like that- well just open it up in I Explorer then copy and paste the address in Chrome.
    Now you can open them up there in favorites - sync your bookmarks -with the book marks manager.
    Java works great in Chrome and I like cause it saves passwords - except on secure sites - you will have to type in your final password.
    P.S. It was 78* today- thinking bout going to Sea World tomorrow.

6. liketolearn

Nice!!! Well its not freezing here but raining. I don't have to water my garden or lawn!!!! Heading south to California for xmas. Hoping to find some sunshine..... I will check out Chrome. The little bit I tried it, it was much faster. I just thought more stuff on this old computer may confuse it LOL.... Enjoy seaworld lol

7. Freemorrison

Freemorrison

:)You can have I Explorer and Chrome both running at the same time if you want- I use them both safely, if you choose- you can then update to IE 7 and keep the Chrome, it uses very little space.
    You going by the Blue Ridge Parkway? (that's an awesome scenic drive)

8. liketolearn

Hey is ie7 better that 6? I don't think my java worked with ie7 though.
    I live in Western Canada. Like 3 hours north of Seattle Washington. Not heard of Blue Ridge Parkway so it must be east coast?

9. Freemorrison

Freemorrison

Oh I misread "California" - as "Carolina" which is where the Blue Ridge Parkway is. LOL
    Sorry- ok so - are you going down the "Pacific Coast Drive" heard that is nice?
    If Java is working now in 6 (except for a few places) - you may not want to switch- but one day you will have to as alot sites will tell you - they prefer you use 7 as they are managed for that now.

10. liketolearn

I don't get why java won't work with 7 for me, if it does for others? Too old of a computer maybe?
    No not the coast hwy this time, takes longer. It is beautiful though.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/886191

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice