1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

quickcam vc parallel

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by safil, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. safil

safil Thread Starter

printer was originally connected to lpti port, now usb. when i try to run cam get message "device is either in use by another application or not installed properly". downloaded new drivers from website but no luck. can someone please help? do i somehow have to change the config of my lpti port?

2. deuce

deuce

Do you have the quick cam connected before you boot?

3. safil

safil Thread Starter

yes. could this be a problem?

4. deuce

deuce

the parallel, serial and PS/2 are not hot-swapable like USB is. USB you can plug in and out as much as you want after windows boots. With those other three, if they aren't connected at boot, then the computer won't know they are connected later and won't check. So does your post mean you didn't have it connected before starting... or you did?

5. safil

safil Thread Starter

yes, it is connected before i boot.

6. deuce

deuce

does it have an exclamation mark (like the one abvove) next to it in system properties? (right click my computer then choose properties and click the device manager tab)

7. safil

safil Thread Starter

no, but in ports (com & lpt) there is an exclamation point before ecp printer port(lpt1)

8. deuce

deuce

What kind of computer do you have? (and who made your motherbaord, if you know) Try downloading the drivers for your motherbaord from either website and reinstall them. Even though the parallel was working earlier when you used it for your printer, it seems now there is a problem or conflict. Either the driver went bad (files can get corrupted for no apparent reason) or when you installed the quickcam, it stole something from the parallel.

What does the lpt say in its properties?

9. safil

safil Thread Starter

i have a sony vaio pen II. so i should try to download the drivers for my puter? the device status says its working properly. The hardware version says "not available".
    driver file details-c:\windows\system\lpt.vxd
    -c:\windows\system\vmm32.vxd(vcomm.vxd)

any help?

10. deuce

deuce

I meant what does the lpt (the one that has the conflict) say in properties?

11. safil

safil Thread Starter

it has an exclamation point before it and then says "ecp printer port (lpt1)

12. deuce

deuce

but what does it say in its properties?

13. deuce

deuce

could you list your IRQs for me...

14. safil

safil Thread Starter

sorry for the agravation. it says" this device is either cot present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers installed (code 24}

15. deuce

deuce

sounds like the quickcam stole the resources for the lpt. Sorry, I don't know much about that stuff... just the basics and then some. :rolleyes:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66266

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice