1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

QuickCam VC Parellel Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dunebuggy, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dunebuggy

Dunebuggy Thread Starter

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi Jim, parallel port???? Wow.....I can't say I've heard of one connecting that way.....

Are you running it directly to the PC or is it connected thru a printer?

3. Dunebuggy

Dunebuggy Thread Starter

I have a switch box to switch from printer (A) to Video Cam (B) use to have Scanner on (C) till got a new USB one.

Camera goes into switch box and then switch box to CPU parellel port. Power comes from plugging the keyboard into it and then it plugs into the Keyboard slot on the CPU.

When Computer boots up it sees the camera if I have the switch box set corretly to video camera.

Told you it was an old fashion camera...... Problem is that I have 2 and the other is in Michigan and after I get mine to work I have to walk/talk my mom through it.

jim-

4. ~Candy~

And was it working correctly before you did the download?

5. Dunebuggy

Dunebuggy Thread Starter

After I got the camera a few years ago I had the video working but never sure if I got the audio working. Then many computer problems and upgrades and then lost the orginally CD so I downloaded the software and hooked the camera back up. Did this many times.

And now I'm stuck with this delima. I have all the latest upgrades for Win-98.

6. ~Candy~

So you downloaded version 4.1.5?

Can you try it plugged into the computer directly, without going thru the box? Just to test it.

7. Dunebuggy

Dunebuggy Thread Starter

I can try that when I get home tonight.

Check back tomorrow for update.

PS. - I have 2 cats and 1 dog and they are almost all black. Can get dog to do anyhting, can not get cats to do anything they do not want to.

8. ~Candy~

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65998

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice