1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quicken 2002 missing report features?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dougsilver, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dougsilver

dougsilver Thread Starter

Just upgraded to Q2002 from Q2000. An important feature in the reporting option seems to be missing. If I form a report such as "how much did I spend on medical" I get a list of all the various doctors but I do not get subtotals for each of the doctors (this is just an example). Subtotaling was a feature on Q2000 that now seems to be missing on 2002. It does not make sense that Intuit would remove features so I was wondering if there was an alternate way to get the subtotals back.

Doug Silver
    Los Angeles

2. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

That is a puzzle. I'm still using Quicken 2001 Deluxe and it does have the subtotals. I hope somebody can help you!:confused:

3. dougsilver

dougsilver Thread Starter

I stumbled on the answer. The subtotal option shows up when I "quickzoom" on a report but I seem to recall that this showed up in my old version anytime I did an easyreport. For example if I go to "reports and graphs" and select "How much did I spend on ...?" and then choose "Charity" for the show spending, I get a report of all the charity contributions and can sort them by name but the "customize" and "option" choices do NOT include "subtotal by...". On the other hand, if I select "Where did I spend my money during the period. . .?" and hit "show report", a list of everything shows up on the report. Then, doubleclicking the line item "charitable donations" pops up a "quickzoom report". When I hit the "customize" button for that report I then get the "subtotal" option.

I believe the previous version I was using (2000) had the subtotal option always present.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63385

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice