1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quicken 98 & Windows 7

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by AAAFAN, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AAAFAN

AAAFAN Thread Starter

I still run Q98 and have no particular reason to change. When I got a new PC with XP I simply copied the whole Quicken Directory via a memory stick and bingo all was clean and tidy. (Old laptop was Windows 98)

I am planning to get a new PC shortly. Will the same process work with Windows 7 ?

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

If Quicken 98 is a 32 bit program (I think it is), I believe it will run on Windows 7 32 bit version - but not on the 64 bit version of Windows 7. So be careful what you buy - I would expect the 64 bit version will be promoted as faster, more powerful, etc. (all true but that doesn't make it the best choice for you.)

3. AAAFAN

AAAFAN Thread Starter

Thanks

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

If you can again copy the whole program and directory onto a stick, see if the salesperson will let you try running the program. (If they are smart they won't, due to malware concerns, but it doesn't hurt to ask!)

5. AAAFAN

AAAFAN Thread Starter

Worth a try (y)

6. slurpee55

slurpee55

Good luck! :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971142

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice