1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quicken Help?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by LauraMJ, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator Thread Starter

Hi, All,

I'm using Quicken 2013 for tracking small business stuff. Been using it for years for my small business. Recently, however, my husband started a business, and we created new accounts for his stuff (payables, receivables, checking). So, we've got two laptops, one for his business and one for mine, and a central desktop computer that has both. We want to keep the desktop with both business accounts, since that is the one hooked to the printer and fax. So, my problem is, I need a way to merge the accounts for customer invoices and vendor invoices from my husband's laptop to the desktop. Doing a complete backup of his laptop or mine and uploading that to the desktop will wipe out the other's accounts, so that won't work. Doing the cloud will ADD the other's accounts to both laptops. So will using Dropbox sync.

I tried using the QIF import export function, which allows you to export and import specific accounts info........and that was great for setting up the laptops with their specific accounts.......but when I went to export the QIF files to the desktop, it DUPLICATED all that existing invoices in the specified account in addition to adding the new data. :( This was not what I expected to happen. SURELY there is a way to MERGE data from the laptop to the central computer WITHOUT duplicating everything that already exists??

I take care of the central computer, so I am fine with both businesses being on the software, however, hubby is having a hard enough time with all this technology, lol, and doesn't want any extra stuff on his Quicken. He keeps forgetting to check for what account he's using and what checking account to draw from or deposit to.....and messes everything up, so he wants ONLY his stuff on his laptop. But we need to be able to add THAT stuff to the central computer for printing and faxing and running reports and whatnot.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. LauraMJ

Bump!

3. LauraMJ

Bump!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084857

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice