Quicken On-Line Backup Error LA2261

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EBSchrader

Right after the most recent update to Quicken 2016, I received this error when I tried to backup my latest data as I have done for 5 or more years. This particular error claims that I don't have enough space (I had a similar error reported here in 2011), so I upgraded to more data ($40 more per year). BUT I still get the same stupid error. Now I've checked tech support/community and find that others have the same error since the very recent update. I guess Quicken will eventually fix it, but how do I know my data are adequately protected in the meantime?

EBSchrader

Right after the most recent update to Quicken 2016, I received this error when I tried to backup my latest data as I have done for 5 or more years. This particular error claims that I don't have enough space (I had a similar error reported here in 2011), so I upgraded to more data ($40 more per year). BUT I still get the same stupid error. Now I've checked tech support/community and find that others have the same error since the very recent update. I guess Quicken will eventually fix it, but how do I know my data are adequately protected in the meantime?
I made another purchase & entered it into Quicken today. Clicked on On-Line Backup, and it sat on Scanning Files for a very long time. Finally, I received a new error message: "LA2810: Redirector Server unavailable (or inaccessible due to firewall). Check your Internet connection and/or your Internet security settings." It then referred me to the same place I tried for help the first time, which was useless. So, it appears that Quicken is (1) aware of the problem and (2) trying to fix it. I guess I'll just have to be patient...again.

TonyB25

Banned
Why not use a free cloud storage service instead that would be much more reliable?

EBSchrader

Well, there's a possibility. I've used this system successfully for so long that I haven't considered changing, other than from backing up to CDs to backing up online.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online