1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quicken

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JBBulldog, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBBulldog

JBBulldog Thread Starter

I am on Quicken 2008 and had other versions prior to that. I have used the same password for over 10 years and now it is telling me that the password is incorrect. I went to backup CDs which I backup once a month on different CDs. It has always told me the backup is complete, but looking at the CDs none have a backup for anything backups for 2015. Last backup on CD is November, 2014. I noticed last week that one of my accounts that I had reconciled now were showing unreconciled back to January, 2015. My backup file has been QDATA1 for many years when something happened in Quicken to change it. There is a Quicken file on my hard drive dated 5/7/2015. I tried to copy that file to another backup file but it tells me file not activated. I wanted to back it up in case I do something to corrupt the good file. Is there a way to go into a file and see the password and change it? How can I restore a file when I cannot get into my Quicken software. Please help, all my financial information is in my Quicken. I am using Windows Vista

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Welcome to TSG. We don't provide password assistance and this is clearly stated in the forum rules.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!