1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

quicklink III on win 98se

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by plibitz, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. plibitz

plibitz Thread Starter

I recently installed a modem in a 233mhz system running win98se. The modem is a wincomm 56k fax/voice/voicemail modem and came with bundled Quicklink III ver 3.3.1software. The manual fax sender and receiver and the phone dialer/speed dial functions all work perfectly. I can record outgoing messages without a problem. The problem is that it will not answer an incoming call, either voice or fax, automatically. The message center and auto-fax receiver does not function. I have been to the manufacturers website and the only solution they offer is to make sure the phone line is plugged in. While that is very good advice, they don"t tell you what to do after that.Since I do not use a modem for internet connection, the whole reason I installed a modem was for the answering machine/fax function. I need it to work.
    Thanks,
    Gene

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi Gene, in the program setup, how many rings do you have it set for?

3. plibitz

plibitz Thread Starter

Hello again AcaCandy,
    I have tried it on several different settings. Right now it is on 2 rings. The status window reads "waiting for call" and when there is a call, the status changes to "ringing" but does not answer the call. I can hear the ringing in the external speaker. I then hear 2 clicks in the head set. the status window reverts to "waiting for call" then "ringing". It repeats this over and over until the incoming call hangs up, but does not answer. I can click on answer and talk to the incoming call (or get ear-blasted by a fax tone) but the machine will not pick up. If a fax is coming in, at the first ring I can quickly click on "manually receive fax" and it will. I have been driving everyone I know crazy, having them call and try to send me faxes while I work on this thing to test it.
    Thank you for responding
    Gene

4. ~Candy~

Have you tried setting it on only 1 ring?

5. plibitz

plibitz Thread Starter

I just tried it now. Still no good.

6. ~Candy~

Try this, leave it set to one ring....make sure you have it set to auto answer, then restart the computer.

7. plibitz

plibitz Thread Starter

Now it goes "waiting for call" then it rings once, it acts like it is trying to answer, the status bar changes to "ringing", then it changes back to "waiting for call", rings once, changes back to "ringing". It repeats this over and over until the caller hangs up. The ring counter is working because when I had it set on 2 rings it would ring twice before doing that repetative switch on the status bar.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65903

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice