Quicktime 7.0 Pro For Windows Xp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

silverado4

I installed quicktime 7.0 pro and bought the pro. It worked fine, then for some reason it stopped exporting and game me the following error:
Can't find file QT-0F7c-bfe2a3d9-13ebc4-00 can not continue..
After I exported a file from one file format to a MOV format. When I tried to open the MOV format that's when I got the error message. Has anyone ever receive this message, and what do I do. I have re-installed quicktime. I also deleled the application data: apple computer and local application: apple computer to make sure I got rid of all the information to get a clean reinstall on my pc. I do not have a mac, I use windows XP professional. I don't know if the error message is the same everytime, but I get a simular type of message. Thanks Silverado
Quicktime does not have a contact us that I can see, only discussions, I have more luck on this site.

silverado4

Will This Export Other FIles to MOV and make them Smaller, that's what I'm looking for for my internet web site. Silverado.. Thanks.

Well, I finally got on the puter and played around a little with the program. It has some nice functions to it, but the answer to your question in no. Sorry! The only conversion that I saw was a format called DirectMediaShow, dms, but it didn't reduce the size of the file.

Good luck getting your Quicktime up and running!

silverado4

I got it up and going I think the problem was I was getting the AVI movie from one sub directory and exporting the MOV to another sub directory, and when I tried to open the new MOV, it could not find the file it needed to open it. It said it was previously in another drive, I have 3 of them, that's where the original was. This time I exported the new MOV in the save sub directory as the old AVI and opened the new MOV and it worked. Crazy, but it worked. I copied the new MOV to a new sub directory and tried to open it, and it still worked. It didn't care then, it must take all the files with it. Too heavy for me, as long as it worked. I still want something to put on my web sites that I don't have to have people download the free 7.0 quicktime just to look at my movies. Maybe your alternative to quicktime maybe the way to go. It doesn't put anything in the start up does it... Is it a trial? Can I use it along with quicktime? Do you know of any software that can reduce files for windows media. WMV, AVI, and MPG are too large, take to long to download on the internet. Thanks for you help.. Silverado.... I hate quicktime they don't have any contact us, just discussion board... that I can see anyway. They get your $30, then they don't help you...

No, the alternative does not put anything into start up, or running process. It's not a trial, and after taking a closer look has lot's of options. One of which is an option to place an icon in the systray.

I found this program from a post somewhere here at TSG. My digital camera, which has video functions, saves the files in .mov format. It really ticked me off that Quicktime didn't have any options NOT to have in startup and with a systray icon.

If you have the time to d/load and have a look, you might like!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online