1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quicktime and Facebook

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DocStrange, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocStrange

DocStrange Thread Starter

A friend of mine started a chat with me on Facebook and a box opened up that said "Quicktime Error #0: Failed to Initialize Quicktime". Nothing happened after I closed out of it, and it let me keep chatting with my friend, but I have some questions:

1. If I disable the Quicktime Plug-In 7.6.6 in Firefox, what will happen
    2. Do any large sites even use Quicktime anymore? I thought it was largely all Flash now.
    3. My Quicktime installed on my computer does not work and brings up similar error messages if I use it. Since I never seem to use any website that have Quicktime Events, is it ok if I delete Quicktime from my computer? Or should I install the latest version of Quicktime, a program I largely have no use for, to my computer?

I'm sure Quicktime came bundled with iTunes which was pre-installed on my computer by the person I bought it from, and I deleted iTunes off of it.

Basically, is it essential or integral for me to have Quicktime on my computer with Windows XP, or can I just get rid of it to avoid these error messages or whatever? I only use it for the internet and listening to music, and I doubt Winamp, Last.fm and Malwarebytes all need something like Quicktime. Or, should I reinstall it off the Apple website?

If I have to keep it, is it OK to disable the add-on in Firefox?

Quicktime isn't in my Add/Remove programs, but it has a dedicated uninstaller if I chose to rid myself of it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973488

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice