1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quicktime caused my computer to crash and go haywire?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by TheArmegeddon, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheArmegeddon

TheArmegeddon Thread Starter

I don't know if this belongs here but it seemed it did. Anyways I was here before when my last computer was going through it's dieing phase and died because a certain Name Brand Antivirus couldn't do jack to find over 500 viruses on my computer which lead me here, which lead to 13 hours of work and no cure, which lead to me sending my outdated computer to were it belonged. Since then (2 weeks) I've bought a new HP, better one too, but besides the point, I installed Quicktime in the beginning and never actually use its true player, but decided to try it with a file of a short video from sequentialpictures.com (I'm sure the site doesn't matter though). Anyway whenever it played and I go into another program the thing froze, causing me to restart the movie, then when a modification to a game I own (I'm being specific because with a two week old computer having a crash in 2 weeks, theres no time for vagueness) my computer goes to blue screen, tells me my computer has crashed and on restart turn off all firewalls and antiviruses, thinking I'm some sort of idiot. Anyways I tried restarting and it failed, went into safe-mode, deleted quicktime along with some other movies that will be deeply missed, and now it works fine. Has anybody else had this problem?

2. Sponsor

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

4. TheArmegeddon

Yep it's vista, although vista has some new oohs and ahhs, I wish I had XP still, but there really is no other choice, it was forced, and thank you

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Let me know .. Haven't tried QTA in my Vista boot drive Yet.

6. TheArmegeddon

Seems to have worked

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!