QuickTime - Error 36: an I/O error occurred

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Snowmanrd

I had videos on my pc which were in quicktime. I thought I would make a DVD so I was using slideshow assistant (Roxio), and it was giving me some error saying it could not support and I may have to install additional software.... something like that. Anyways, I go back to the folder with the video in it, and thought maybe I needed to "open with" a different program, so I selected "roxio". Then next time I opened the slide assistant and 'add movie', I got an error message saying "Error - 36: an I/O error occurred". Also, the other videos in the same folder, I could still see the beginning of the video in thumbnails, but this video I wanted was crossed out like when you see a no smoking sign and the red circle with the line across it. OMG, did I lose my video? I knew I had the video on my flash drive too but when I tried to open it from that device, I got the same error! Could someone please help me?????:eek:

When you choose "open with" there is normally a check box for "always use this program". Do you recall if you unchecked it?

Have you gone back through and changed the "open with" back to quicktime?

I have the same problem, whern trying to open .mov files, a box shows with the message -36 i/o error==??

any solution??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online