1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quicktime player wont play emailed files

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by slowpoker, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slowpoker

slowpoker Thread Starter

I received some QuickTime files by email but the video part wont play. I see the first frame of the video and hear some sound. The indicator slider moves about a quarter of an inch and pauses, then starts again, but video doesn't play. At the end of the play time, the video jumps to the last frame. The videos are only about 7 secs long. I checked to make sure I have the latest update for quicktime. I tried to open with Adobe 3.0 which has always worked, but no luck there either. The files loaded to Adobe, but there is a pink overlay on them on my main page. The sender has posted the same files on youtube and they work fine there. My ops is Windows XP. All the files from my kodak camera play ok.

2. slowpoker

slowpoker Thread Starter

The video came to me by email and the picture is very narrow and tall and when I loaded it onto another website it was laying sideways and the subject was scrunched fatter, but it played correctly. So, is this a camera recording thing that can be corrected?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971576

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice