Quicktime plug in issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

theMusicMan

Hi All

When I click on an mp3 file online, this usually opens up in my browser window and plays with Quicktime player. I purchased the version 7.1.3 which allows me to save files when I have played them. However, I have a few questions relating to this if I may please.

1 - When I select Save as Source on this freely available piece - ftp://ftp.scene.org/pub/music/artists/xerxes/xerxes-meditation.mp3 - it saves a file to the location I specify - but the file is 0 bytes in length and therefore nothing has been saved. The file plays perfectly, but I can't save it. Any suggestions?

2 - How do I select another application such as Windows MP to play online files and not Quicktime?

Thanks all.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts