Quote for bespoke pc? Is it worth it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ckent10

Bespoke PC System

INTEL CORE 2 QUAD 2.4 GHZ CPU Q6600
GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R MAINBOARD
8 CHANNEL HD SOUND
USB 2.0 / ETHERNET / SPDIF / SATA II
MAXTOR 320GB HARD DRIVE SATA II
4 GB DDR 667 RAM
LG 20X DVD-RE WRITER
ASUS NVIDIA 7300 GRAPHICS CARD PCI-X
4 BAY 500W ATX CASE - FRONT USB + SOUND

MS WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM

WINDOWS USB MOUSE + K'BOARD

LG 19" WIDESCREEN TFT MONITOR

3 YEAR RTB WARRANTY

PCIDEAS SOFTWARE SECURITY + UTILITY SUITE

TOTAL PRICE £869.00 INC VAT

Ckent10

* CPU Details ~ Intel Core 2 Quad Go Stepping ( 2.4Ghz 1066Mhz ) Soc 775 L2
8M Cache

*Memory Details ~ Crucial 1GB DDR2 667MHZ / PC2-5300 / CL5 / 1.8v X 4 (
4MB Total )

* Case Details ~ Cooler Master Centurian 5

*Power Supply Details ~ Magna 500w Transparent ( with dual fans and fan
speed controller )

Check the prices for those parts on Newegg.com or similar and see if the difference between the total price of the parts and that quote is worth having someone else build the thing. Frankly, I think you should just bespeak it yourself.

EDIT: Good parts, though, except the video card probably won't be up to the latest games. Good case. I've got one.

Price looks pretty good overall, especially with the RTB warranty- although it may be worth checking HOW its returned. Some companies insist on certain couriers that charge a fortune!
The graphics card definitely needs a boost. If yo ugo for the quaddie, you shouldreally be looking a bit higher up the scale, an 8800 would be more in keeping. Chanced are you may hate yourself for not getting one given the CPU power. Trust me, I know <g>

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online