1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Qwest/msn networking 2 computers

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rosepetal, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rosepetal

rosepetal Thread Starter

Hello
    I am new to networking of computers. I already have the wireless set up on main computer. I want to setup second computer wireless, to use my connection to get on the internet, both computers are located in the same room. And be able to share printers on both computers.

The second had been setup at another location at one time/Daughters house, with her Qwest DSL Modem Wireless Gateway (Model #GT701-WG) .
    I installed a new Trendnet TEW-443-PI wireless pci adapter with drivers, so that I could network the two pc's to use one internet connection here at my home.
    Have not done anything with any of Qwest programs that were already on this pc.

Do I need to uninstall anything, from the 2nd computer?
    How do I go about networking these? How to turn off firewalls?
    How to find my IP addresses and all information necessary to get these going?

I know that prior trying to get help from Qwest, they pass me to MSN, then MSN passes me back to Qwest. Laugh! Qwest lists Tech Support Guy as a link for getting help with networking.

Please help :confused: !

main computer
    Qwest DSL Modem with Wireless Gateway (Model #GT701-WG)
    Qwest/msn premium
    Microsoft Windows XP Pro

second computer
    Microsoft Windows XP Home
    Trendnet TEW-443-PI wireless pci adapter

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/656806

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice