1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

R6350 blinking power light

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Rczech, Jun 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rczech

Rczech Thread Starter

Hi I have a netgear r6350 router, notice on the nighthawk app that there was a firmware update. Tried to do it and it had some sort of issue where it crashed. I jave tried to do a factory reset and the 30-30-30 reset with no luck. Looked around more on the web from phone and read this has happened a lot to other people . they suggest doing a tftp transfer of firmware to router, I followed the instructions, said it transferred but nothing has help fix router yet. Maybe I'm doing something wrong so hopefully someone here can help solve this issue please and thank you

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    If the firmware update failed/crashed before it completed or was disrupted during the update, then more than likely you have killed your router. Blinking green light usually means firmware update is in progress. but since it failed:

(From manual)

If the Power LED blinks slowly and continuously, the router firmware is corrupted. This can happen if a
    firmware update is interrupted, or if the router detects a problem with the firmware. If the error persists,
    it is likely that a hardware problem exists.

In this instance, you will need to contact Netgear (www.netgear.com/support). If it's out of warranty you will need to buy a new one.

plodr likes this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!