R9 270x 4gb BSOD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Herrera0211

My games keep crashing and I haven’t found out what’s the problem. I reapplied thermal paste properly, updated amd drivers and the problem still there. At this point I’m lost5D4838C3-DEE4-44C3-8F7B-D60F13F17882.jpeg

Last edited:

Herrera0211

The .sys is a driver issue. Do you have the latest GPU driver installed?
I downloaded the latest driver and started to get blue screens and hearing beeps Frequently. Hope descriptions help but I’m lost at what to do next appreciate all the help thank you

Attachments

Last edited:

crjdriver

I reapplied thermal paste properly
To what did you apply thermal compound; processor, video cooler, chipset what?
Next post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.
This utility will help with most [however not all] of your parts. Run this and post the output here along with the exact pw supply and exact ram;
https://static.techguy.org/download/tsginfo.exe

Herrera0211

The pc goes beep beep* p a u s e* beep * p a u s e* beep beep and repeats in that pattern

Herrera0211

To what did you apply thermal compound; processor, video cooler, chipset what?
Next post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.
This utility will help with most [however not all] of your parts. Run this and post the output here along with the exact pw supply and exact ram;
https://static.techguy.org/download/tsginfo.exe
I applied thermal paste on the graphics card because I though that would solve it but the problem kept being there. I put a small amount but kept reapplying many times because I didn’t want to screw it up but didn’t improve performance I kept getting the same BOSD

Attachments

crjdriver

It appears you have some type of big box system. Post the exact brand and model#
The beep code is a problem of one type or another. Do the following;
1 System OFF and side cover OFF, remove the pw cord from the rear of the pw supply
2 Press the ON button 2~3 times. This will remove any residual charge from the pw supply capacitors
3 Remove ALL ram and blow out the slots with a can of air. Reinstall ram and be sure it is fully seated in the slot
4 Remove the video card and do the same thing ie blow out the slot and reinstall
5 Reseat ie remove and replace both atx and aux/cpu pw connectors
6 Clear cmos with the clear jumper/pins
7 Now replace the pw cord and attempt to pw ON. See if the system will POST now. If it does, great. If not, you are going to have to start swapping parts ie pw supply, motherboard, ram, etc until you find the failed part

The pc goes beep beep* p a u s e* beep * p a u s e* beep beep and repeats in that pattern
That would indicate a bad GPU. It could be any number of things related to the GPU. I would make sure it's correctly and fully seated and any external power cables (PCIe) are connected.

What brand is your GPU....make/model.....Gigabyte, Asus?

Herrera0211

I applied thermal paste on the graphics card because I though that would solve it but the problem kept being there. I put a small amount but kept reapplying many times because I didn’t want to screw it up but didn’t improve performance I kept getting the same BOSD
DELL STUDIO XPS 9100

Intel Xeon W3550 3.07ghz 4-Core
LGA 1366
525 watt power supply CN-0F217J-73245-9CO-A01 Made in China DP/N 0F217J
Motherboard DP/N 0X501H
PCI_E4 R9 270x 4gb GRAPHICS CARD

Attachments

Herrera0211

That would indicate a bad GPU. It could be any number of things related to the GPU. I would make sure it's correctly and fully seated and any external power cables (PCIe) are connected.

What brand is your GPU....make/model.....Gigabyte, Asus?
The maker seems to be AMD

Attachments

Herrera0211

It appears you have some type of big box system. Post the exact brand and model#
1 System OFF and side cover OFF, remove the pw cord from the rear of the pw supply
2 Press the ON button 2~3 times. This will remove any residual charge from the pw supply capacitors
3 Remove ALL ram and blow out the slots with a can of air. Reinstall ram and be sure it is fully seated in the slot
4 Remove the video card and do the same thing ie blow out the slot and reinstall
7 Now replace the pw cord and attempt to pw ON. See if the system will POST now. If it does, great. If not, you are going to have to start swapping parts ie pw supply, motherboard, ram, etc until you find the failed part
Can I use a air pressure to blow out from An angle?

Herrera0211

Dell Studio XPS 9100

Attachments

crjdriver

To answer your question, yes you can use an air compressor however you need a VERY small nozzle on the blow gun. Use of even a moderately sized nozzle will damage parts ie you will break something.

FWIW I use my air compressor to blow out systems however the nozzle I use is .064.

Unless you have something like the above, get a can of air.

Herrera0211

To answer your question, yes you can use an air compressor however you need a VERY small nozzle on the blow gun. Use of even a moderately sized nozzle will damage parts ie you will break something.

FWIW I use my air compressor to blow out systems however the nozzle I use is .064.

Unless you have something like the above, get a can of air.
I have blown air carefully into the dust out but am still getting BSOD But my suspicion is that I need to delete the old gpu driver installed and leave the newer version alone

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online