1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Radeon 7500 Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HawkesNJ, Jan 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HawkesNJ

HawkesNJ Thread Starter

I'm using an Intel SE440BX Motherboard, with 128MB of 100MHZ Ram, and a Pentium II 400MHZ. I just purchased a new ATI RADEON 7500 Video Card and installed it (Yes it's set correctly) into the AGP Port. The system begins a normal boot up process, but hangs, without beeping right before the start of Normal Windows Boot up. I haven't even had a chance to install the drivers because it hangs each and every time, and it requires me to hold the power button for five seconds before it will shut down.

My BIOS are updated with the last update from Intel's site. I've checked ATI's site, and it shows that while the performance for the Video Card will be halved, it will still work on my Motherboard type.

As I type this, I'm on hold with ATI's tech support, but I'm looking down all avenues for help.

Thanks in advance!

2. Matrikx_

Matrikx_

If you have onboard video go into bios and disable it so it gives complete control to your Radeon Card

3. HawkesNJ

HawkesNJ Thread Starter

I actually don't have an on-board Video Card, I was originally using a Diamond Viper 330 AGP card, which works no problem when I put it back in.

Thanks for responding!

4. brianF

brianF

could be a bad card, do you have another machine to try it in.

Also are you uninstalling and changing to std vga before you install the radeon.

5. HawkesNJ

HawkesNJ Thread Starter

I wish it even got THAT far to be honest with you.. it didn't even try to boot up.

Thanks all for the help, two hours on the phone with ATI just told me the exact same thing Brian did. bad Card.. just picked up the new one and will be trying it soon.

Thanks!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66763

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice