Radeon 9600 Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vibraphone

Hey, I have a computer with a Pentium IV 2.8 ghz processor, some form of Asus motherboard, Radeon 9600 XT(?) video card, 512 Ram,Windows XP, and 80 Gb hard-drive. I was playing a game through STEAM the other day when i got notice that said I needed to install drivers for my card. i followed the link and installed the new catalyst driver. I restarted my computer, and when i tried to play the game, it started to start up, then gave me a small error message that said, "Error: Unable to init shaders" or something close to that. Anyone know how to help?

Your probably just need to reinstall the drivers and that error will go away. It might also be Direct X make sure you have 9.0c. Start>>Run>>type "dxdiag" no qoutes and that will tell you what version you have.

I recommend the Omega Drivers(http://www.omegadrivers.net). They are just a tweaked version of the Catalyst drivers and they give me at least 5-10 extra FPS.

But when you go to install make sure you uninstall the old driver first.

Restart and then install the new driver.

Uninstall them from Add/Remove. Boot into Safe Mode to install the 5.6 or Omega.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.