1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Radeon 9600 series problem! please help!

Discussion in 'Games' started by BigNate86, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BigNate86

BigNate86 Thread Starter

Every time i try to play a game on my hp pavilion a430n, with the radeon 9600 series graphics card;It tends to make the graphics in the games go haywire.....could someone please tell me what the problem might be???

p.s.Updated my graphics card to the latest version if that helps any.

Attached Files:

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I've been using a Visiontek 9600 XT without any problems -- can you tell us what you mean by "haywire"?

And is it an identical issue with all games or just a particular one?

Is this a new card or an old one -- and has it ever worked properly?

edit -- ok I see your attachment now.

I suspect the card itself is bad. If it is under warranty -- I would contact the vendor for an RMA.

3. BigNate86

BigNate86 Thread Starter

doesnt do it with all games just some for some reason not real sure why could be some settings i have that are wrong?....sorry very new to problems with a card.

p.s. its about 3 years old

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Try reducing the screen resolution, color depth and game detail on the ones with the problem and see if it makes a difference.

Open the case and see if the fan is working on the card as well. It might be overheating.

3 years is about the limit on current warranties -- I would immediately check the date of purchase and if it is within 3 years -- contact them for an RMA now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/581268

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice