Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radeon All in wonder 9800se problem

2K views 27 replies 4 participants last post by  SmashD 
#1 ·
i own a radeon 9800se gfx card but i have noticed a few problems.
i get some sort of horizontal lines which flicker around the screen on my desktop, if i increase my colour quality from 16 bit to 32 bit the flickering is increased, however if i keep it set on 16bit they are no lines on my desktop but as i play my games they come back.when i try and play any game they are more lines. to explain myself better i have attatched a print screen

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Some ideas to start with.

Have you tried the monitor on another system to make sure it works ok?

How did you install the drivers for the card?

The extra power connector is plugged in correct?

What brand and wattage of power supply do you have?

Have you tried running with the side cover off to check for overheating of the card?

#3 ·
i am currently using a tft lcd monitor. but i have also tried using a standard monitor but no differnce. i firstly installed the drivers which i got with the cd. but with no luck i have tried installing nearly every driver for the 9800se. still no luck so i dont think it is a driver issue. how can i check the wattage and brand of the power suply? and i dont no where the extra power connector is.sorry.i dont tihnk it can be an overheating issue because ive got a second fan installed on the side cover.

#7 ·
To check the wattage and brand of ps, you will need to pull the side cover. On the ps should be a label telling you who made it and the wattage rating.

One other thing. Has this card always done this? Did you buy it new or did you buy it from ebay?

#12 ·
Since it has always done this and you have not overclocked it, I would return it to where you purchased the computer. You would need to pull the card and install it in another system to be sure it is the video card causing the problem.

#14 ·
Usually when a card is running on the plain jane windows drivers the CPU usage will be out of sight. I would uninstall the drivers, use driver cleaner available at http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads28.html in safe mode to clean any remnants of ATI and Nvidia display drivers even though you never had an Nvidia card. Make sure not to uninstall an Nvidia Nforce drivers that may be there.

Reboot into windows and let the hardware wizard run finding the card. After it is finished reinstall the ATI drivers and reboot. If that doesn't fix it take it back.

#26 ·
With the cover off [and the system off] take a look inside and make sure all fans are attached. It is not all that uncommon to have a fan fall off. You can give the system a cleaning with a can of air [available at any computer or office store]

Now start the system and do whatever causes your problem. If it is still there, you have ruled out overheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.