1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Radeon card not functioning correctly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by godlesswonder, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. godlesswonder

godlesswonder Thread Starter

my specs
    XP Pro, SP2
    ASUS P4S8X
    BIOS (Award Software) -
    version; ASUS P4S8X ACPI BIOS Revision 1004
    SiS® 648 North Bridge / SiS® 963 South Bridge
    P4 2.4 GHz
    1.5 GB RAM (3x512)
    120 GB HD
    ATI Raeon HD 2600 XT AGP (512 MB)
    Catalyst® Version 8.41 RC3, Aug 20, 2007
    M-Audio Delta 44
    450w PS

I recently upgraded to a Radeon HD 2600 XT - AGP(visiontek). I used Driver Cleaner to remove all previous drivers, then acquired the latest Catalyst drivers from visiontek (they appear to be identical to what ATI offered). I also installed the latest SIS AGP drivers for my board.
    Perviously I attempted to use both the ATI site's drivers and then "Omega" drivers with the same results - bad.

During 'Oblivion' things are most notable. The graphics are sporadically chunky, discolored, etc. The temps 'seem' ok (it happens right at start up anyway, so prob. not the issue?). In fact, even the Windows Welcome screen sort of 'scrolls down' it's blue screen so slowly that it's visible.

Any ideas? This is lousy. :( If I did this right, here are a few examples of how it looks.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649642

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice