1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Radeon drivers pink screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Drysyn, Sep 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drysyn

Drysyn Thread Starter

Hi I have a problem, when I started my desktop pc this morning the screen turned pink when it got to the log on screen(it was fine last night), If I roll back the drivers in device manager to basic windows drivers, it's fine, however when I install any radeon drivers it goes pink again, i have so far tried: changing the HDMI Cable, i put the graphics card in my brothers pc instead of his R9 290 without touching his drivers and it was ok, so far i have tried driver version, 17.7 ,18.5.1, 18.8.1, and 18.9.1(latest drivers) i even uninstalled the drivers in safe mode using DDU (display driver uninstaller from guru3d) right now i am at a total loss of what to do, several hours of googleing have produced nothing,

PC specs: ASRock 970 pro3 R2.0 Mobo
    FX 8370 4.0ghz(octo core processor)
    32gb DRR 3 1600mhz Ram
    and ROG Strix RX 580 8GB Graphics Card
    running on Windows 10 Pro (insiders program or whatever they call it)
    250gb SSD(Gigabyte) operating system only
    and 2 normal HDD's for everything else

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
  3. Drysyn

Drysyn Thread Starter

i had to perform a windows reset , which didn't appear to fix it at first, so i turned off my pc to watch netflix on my tv, and that too was pink which i found very strange, i ended up having to watch a movie via a thumb drive on the tv which fixed it, so i now believe my tv was the problem all along :( i have since been able to reinstal my display drivers and haven't had the pink screen issue since

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216767

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice