1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Radeon r5 fails to function properly. tried quite a bit!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Malice32, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Malice32

Malice32 Thread Starter

As of yesterday both my display adapters have stopped working. According to my pc this is the proper update to my A10 9600 R5. But once i installed it it updates me to R7. Both r5 and r7 are not compatible. Proper update or any help would be greatly appreciated!

upload_2019-10-3_18-26-28.png
    upload_2019-10-3_18-27-50.png

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A10-9600P RADEON R5, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G, AMD64 Family 21 Model 101 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 11727 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R5 Graphics, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 916 GB (812 GB Free); D: 13 GB (1 GB Free);
    Motherboard: HP, 81FE
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The ONLY place you download a video driver for a laptop is the support page for that laptop. From your post, I assume you have hybrid video ie onboard/onchip and also a video chip. These are problematic at best; I had a laptop a few years ago with a similar setup and it was a pain to get working correctly.

Why did you attempt to update the driver; was there a specific problem?

Hopefully system restore was enabled and working. Restore back to a date before you messed with drivers. If you still want to update the driver, be sure and download it from the laptop mfg. These drivers even need to be installed in a specific order to get hybrid video to work correctly. Be sure and follow ALL instructions on the support page.

bassfisher6522 likes this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233771

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice