Radeon rx480 not showing display on monitor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dollyghoul

Hi. I recently bought the Radeon rx 480 video card for my computer but when I plugged everything in, it refused to show a display on the monitor when everything was plugged in accordingly. Strange thing is, my buddy and I swapped our 480 and 1080 and the 1080 worked just fine in my computer. It had no problem showing a display and it ran smoothly with my computer. But when I tried putting the 480 in again afterwards still no luck. Please help. I'm still kind of a newbie to computers but I know what is needed to work in a computer for the most part.

Attachments

Dollyghoul

Also if it helps, I have a 650watt power supply in my build aswell EVGA supernova 650 G2

Dollyghoul

Does the card work in his computer?
Yes it worked in his computer just fine. And the 1080 worked perfectly in mine. But when we re-swapped his still worked but my 480 was still giving me the same issue as before.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Capture2.JPG
The GeForce GTX 1080 is actually a better graphic card than the Radeon RX 480
Since the 1080 works fine in your computer, I would use it instead of the 480.

Capture1.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------------

Triple6

Rob
Oh an HP computer, not the ideal platform to build a gaming computer around. What is model off the computer itself?

Triple6

Rob
Quick research shows that it's an older board and requires a video card that supports legacy BIOS and UEFI only graphics card do not work with it.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the exact serial number(S/N) and product number(P/N) on that HP desktop?

Triple6

Rob
Are you sure? There should be a sticker with a model number on it on the side and probably a model on the front of it.

Dollyghoul

What's the exact serial number(S/N) and product number(P/N) on that HP desktop?

My mom was throwing out this computer (the one I have the motherboard and processor for to upgrade) so I added the motherboard in processor in my build.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online