Radeon X700 problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jamiehobson

I recently purchased a ATI Radeon X700 256MB AGP card, I uninstalled the old graphics card a Radeon 9200 256MB card from the system using the Catalyst Uninstaller Utilty and then removed the device from Device Manager. I then shut down the system and put in the new card, i made sure everything was neatly installed inside the case all molex plugs plugged in and card firmly in. I then started my computer here is where I encountered my first problem (n) . The DVI cable didn't seem to work and my monitor (ACER AL1751W) just said "No Input Signal Going To Sleep" and then went onto standby. I then plugged in my RGB cable and started the computer. I got to Windows and it said popped up saying new Video Driver found but I ignored that and installed the latest Catalyst drivers. I then was prompted to restart (which I did). Windows started to load up but when the desktop off the "Welcome" screen came up and the icons started to load, after about 30 seconds the system froze and the cursor did not move. I then retried to reinstall and still failure acurred so I tried to keep restarting but it crashed every time. Your Help is much appreciated Jamie :) .

Boot up in safe mode. Go into Device Manager. What information is provided about your video card?

jamiehobson

Right I completely removed the old drivers and booted up in safe mode and it sawys that the Device is working so the driver is installed, but it still crashes on loading of the systray icons.

If you downloaded the drivers with the Catalyst control center you also need to download and install Microsoft Net framework. I don't know if not having it will cause a crash since I've never tried it. Also you can download up to date chipset drivers for your MB and see if that helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online