1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Radeon Xpress 200?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ZaPopsicle, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaPopsicle

ZaPopsicle Thread Starter

I don't really have a technical problem with my computer, just a simple question that for some reason no other website I've been to can answer. My family just got a new computer only I wasn't there to witness it and better understand everything there is to know about it. During the life of our old computer I bought a new video card ( a Geforce FX 5200) to enhance my gaming experience. The new computer has a Radeon Xpress 200 and I'm wondering if the Geforce is a better video card and if I should replace the Radeon. The only problem is, and I'm going to display my ignorance here, every time I look for some kind of comparison between the two the Radeon does not show up because it's called a chipset or something like that. I'm wondering if the Geforce is worth putting into the new computer or if it's even possible, Thanks!!

2. warhawkhalo101

warhawkhalo101

Coming from a previous owner of an onboard X200, keep it. I had no problems playing games like Battlefield 2 and RCT3.

The 5200 is an OLD card, i would suggest something in the 6000's series if your tight on money and dont care for much gaming, but depending on whats on your motherboard, you could upgrade to a newer mainstream card - Like the ATI Radeon X1k series - (I'm running a Sapphire Radeon X1600 Pro on a PCI-E port - playing games in high and Ultra high modes, yet the card cost me $80)

For now, go with the X200, its a great chipset and you shouldnt have a problem for now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/516124

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice