Radio Shack

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
I know this has been posted a million times, but here is one more.

My Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers had most wires broken on a 6-pin DIN connector plugged into the sub-woofer, so the speakers didn't work anymore. I headed off to Radio Shack to buy a connector, and I also needed a new soldering iron since one of my kids trashed the old one.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they didn't have a 6-pin DIN connector, so I decided to re-use the old one. I opted to just buy the $12 soldering iron. The sales guy tried to convince me I should buy an extended warranty for $5, in case it gets damaged by a power surge. :confused: I said no. As he was ringing up the sale he asked if I needed any batteries? I told him no, I already have soldering iron batteries. :mad:

etaf

Wayne
wow - talk about upselling a $5 extended warranty on a $12 item - how long was the warranty for

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
I don't know... I wasn't listening after finding they don't sell DIN connectors. When I was going to engineering school in the 70's, nearly the whole store was parts. Now the parts section is smaller than my bedroom closet.

etaf

Wayne
When I was going to engineering school in the 70's, nearly the whole store was parts. Now the parts section is smaller than my bedroom closet.
yep, me too - I was training as an electronic engineer in mid 70s, although Maplin on the high street in UK is ok these days
i remember looking through the latest RS catalogue (Radio Spares) when it first came out - huge book of components

Throw away and must have now society these days

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online