1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Rage Fury Pro/Expert 2000 Pro

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LionsMike, Mar 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LionsMike

LionsMike Thread Starter

It is just about 2 years old 32 meg video card. I hope someone out there finds it to be familiar.

I just tried to install Links 2003 and the system is telling me that I do not have 3D video.

I have tried to get info on the video card but so far no luck in determining the 3D capabilities.

Does anyone know if it is a 3D card, or how to use the computer to determine whether or not is?

I had suspected a lack of driver because the Device Manager shows the WinXP driver as the installed driver for the device. I tried to download a new driver but it said I had the latest.

2. mobo

mobo

3. LionsMike

LionsMike Thread Starter

Thanks Mobo

4. LionsMike

LionsMike Thread Starter

Thanks Mobo
    I had downloaded that driver already and when I started to install it I got a warning pop up that it was not compatible with my video adapter.

5. mobo

mobo

6. LionsMike

LionsMike Thread Starter

Thanks Mobo
    It did allow the download and install of that driver package. I have not tried the game yet, but the video control window now shows what appears to be some 3D options.
    A funny thing did happen as it was installing. Ad-Aware turned on without any help from me. I figured that something in the install program tripped it. I had just run Ad-Aware and Spybot about a half hour before and expected it to find nothing. It found 46 new programs all of which must have been installed by connecting to Tech Support Guy or ATI support site or they were included in the driver package.
    I let Ad-Aware remove them all.

7. mobo

mobo

Good idea

8. LionsMike

LionsMike Thread Starter

OH WOW!!

Links 2003 runs now and looks great.

I almost went an bought a new Video card. I can save that task for the next build.

I have not visited the donation page but you can bet I will soon.

I imagine they accept MC Visa AMex etc.

9. mobo

mobo

I'm certain they do and best of luck to you..

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/214221

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice